Current state of BroniesNL

merte

Fillies and Gentlecolts,

It's been over a year since this website was founded. First we had a simple page (mirror) for the first Dutch Brony meet-up ever. In total, 14 people showed there. From there on the community grew fast, and we had to come up with something more robust and manageable.

Around the second or third meet, switched to the current website we still use today. We created a forum and IRC channel for easier communication and just hang out on. The meet-ups kept grewing bigger and bigger and we gained more people in our community.

As of today, roughly one year after the current website was released, we have 657 members, 88271 posts on the forum (2363 topics), about a dozen Dutch IRC-channels (4 officially supported by the orga) and we've had 7 official meet-ups (last three with about 150 people each, and not to mention probably a hundred smaller meet-ups ranging from 8 to 60 people).

I think this is a good time to thank everyone (both from the community and help from outside) for an excellent year we had. Sure, there has been some friction here and there in both inside the community and outside. But overall I think it's safe to say that we have built an awesome group of like-minded people which all share a passion for the cartoon My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. On behalf of the orga, myself personally and the whole community, thank you, everyone, for build this awesome thing we have today after a year.

About the BroniesNL orga, there have been some changes recently.

After almost year of excellent help, we had to say goodbye to Hydrazine, Herder and Zenchi. The three of them haven't had much time on their hands lately to help around with organizing stuff due to real life interfering. Fortunately, they will stick around moderating and participating on the IRC and forums occasionally. So it's not the last we see of them!

Besides some people leaving, we also welcomed three new people! Rolin-D and Stjonal have been selected from a group of applicants to strengthen the orga. We also have a new forum moderator who listens to the name Guynio!

Current orga:
- Nido
- Yocote
- Octavia
- Bebbers
- Rolin-D
- Stjonal

Moderators:
- Hydrazine
- Herder
- Zenchi
- Guynio (forum only)

Although not official yet, there are plans within the orga of becoming a foundation. The big meet-ups have always been free and will always be (as far as we're concerned). Aside from the initial investment from the old orga, we run everything exclusively on donations and auction yields (minus an optional cut for the artist). The orga also runs everything voluntarily; not a single cent has ever gone and will go to the pockets of any orga member. Everything will be used for the next official meet-ups and other possible official BroniesNL events. Having a foundation will help us with a financial and juridical advantage in this.

And in case you're wondering about when or where meet #8 is, we have info about that very soon. So stay tuned!

Back